Oxford Reading Buddy will move your students up a year automatically ahead of the new academic year. This will be based on the academic year the Organization Administrator selected when they first registered the school account on Oxford Reading Buddy.
All students in My Organization will move to the year above a month before the new academic year. So all students in Year 5 will be moved to Year 6.
After students have moved up, teachers simply need to update their class ready for the new year. We recommend that each teacher looks after their own class.
No change in students
If no students need to be removed or added to the class following the move up, simply rename the class. To do this:
- Go to My Organization.
- Click the Classes tab.
- Select your class from the list.
- Click Edit next to your class name.
- Change the class name in the class window and click Save.
Adding or removing students
If you need to add or remove students from the class, follow the instructions on editing classes.
Another option is to archive the old classes and start afresh (this can be done by each teacher or one person could do it for the entire school). To do this:
- Archive all of the classes that are changing (see Archiving classes). This removes the students and teachers from the classes. It does not archive any users.
- Import any new students and include all of the new classes with a csv file (see Editing students in bulk).
Staff can either be added to classes manually, or imported using a csv. The current staff cannot be downloaded, but a template can. Including a class when uploading staff that already have an account adds them to it (see here for steps).