Oxford Reading Buddy is a digital reading service to develop comprehension and encourage a love of reading for students in Reception to Year 6. It matches students with books at the right level and tracks performance across hundreds of Oxford’s print and digital books through expertly written comprehension quizzes.
It provides a motivating and friendly virtual environment where students have their own Reading Buddy to coach comprehension skills and where they will earn badges for working well. It is rooted in research-based pedagogies and its leveling structure is underpinned by Oxford Levels.
Oxford Reading Buddy contains:
- Specially written digital-only Coaching eBooks at every Oxford Level. Each of these books contains a digital Reading Buddy to prompt, model and develop comprehension skills and help children make faster progress.
- A rich and varied eBook library, containing hundreds of eBooks selected from Oxford’s existing series Oxford Reading Tree, TreeTops and Project X for practice and consolidation.
- Hundreds of automatically marked comprehension quizzes on every Coaching eBook, eBook and Oxford’s major print series to inform progress through the levels and diagnostic reporting.
- Performance reporting information which offers fast, clear data, plus deeper diagnostics to reveal strengths and weaknesses.
- A reward and motivation system of badges to direct good reading behaviours and develop intrinsic motivation for reading.