Oxford Reading Buddy is a digital reading service to develop comprehension and encourage a love of reading from Grade 1 to 6. It matches students with books at the right level and tracks performance across hundreds of Oxford’s print and digital books through expertly written comprehension quizzes.
It provides a motivating and friendly virtual environment where students have their own Reading Buddy to coach comprehension skills and where they will earn badges for working well. It is rooted in research-based pedagogies and its leveling structure is underpinned by Oxford Levels.
Oxford Reading Buddy contains:
- Specially written digital-only Coaching eBooks at every Oxford Level. Each of these books contains a digital Reading Buddy to prompt, model and develop comprehension skills and help children make faster progress.
- A rich and varied Home or First Additional Language eBook library, containing hundreds of eBooks selected from Oxford’s existing series Oxford Reading Tree, Aweh!, TreeTops and Project X for practice and consolidation.
- Hundreds of automatically marked comprehension quizzes on every Coaching eBook, eBook and Oxford’s major print series to inform progress through the levels and diagnostic reporting.
- Performance reporting information which offers fast, clear data, plus deeper diagnostics to reveal strengths and weaknesses.
- A reward and motivation system of badges to direct good reading behaviours and develop intrinsic motivation for reading.