Oxford Reading Buddy is a digital reading service to develop comprehension and encourage a love of reading in English. It matches students with books at the right level and tracks performance across hundreds of Oxford’s print and digital books through expertly written comprehension quizzes.
It provides a motivating and friendly virtual environment where students have their own Reading Buddy to coach comprehension skills and where they will earn badges for working well. It is rooted in research-based pedagogies and its levelling structure is underpinned by the Oxford Levels.
Oxford Reading Buddy contains:
- Specially written digital-only Coaching Books aligned to Oxford Levels. Each of these books contains a digital Reading Buddy to prompt, model and develop comprehension skills and help children make faster progress.
- A rich and varied eBook library, containing eBooks from the Dragonfly Readers series as well as Oxford Education titles for practice and consolidation.
- Hundreds of automatically marked comprehension quizzes on every Coaching Book and eBook to inform progress through the levels and diagnostic reporting.
- Performance Reporting information which offers fast, clear data, plus deeper diagnostics to reveal strengths and weaknesses.
- A reward and motivation system of badges to direct good reading behaviours and develop intrinsic motivation for reading.